I am building a one story house in Houston, TX where the lower floor is the garage. the second floor is 4" concrete one I beam " composite slab" over corrugated steel
I want to verify what my engineer has designed.
The beam is W12-14 with 10'x10' opening except in the garage area 16'x 14.5'
I have the design attached
what I need to need from you
1. for a 4" slab with rebar #4 support, is the 10'x10' area enough to support the concrete? We will put temporary shoring
2. If not, how much more support we need to add
3. Need to provide load analysis of the system in the garage area. Need to name what software you are using and how the change in slab thickness and rebar type will change the slab load
4. How the #4 rebar would be laid
5. suggested type and weight of concrete
Hello sir , I am a senior structural Engineer with 12 years of experience in structural design , please check my profile and previous reviews , Regards .