I'd like to create a an open, community-managed startup tracking database.
Similar to [url removed, login to view] -the interface should be wiki enabled, to allow user generated content.
I'd like to be able to seed the system by creating a crawler that will scrap content in forms into company profiles. You can use open source platforms like django and wiki to set up the base.
Sample profile: [url removed, login to view]
* sing up
* Create company page
* Edit company page
* flag content
* User/Permission management
* moderation queue
* show recently create/edited /popular profiles
* General information: Company name, URL, Blog, Blog feed, Phone, E-mail, and Founding date
* Overview of a company
* Tags: - Categories a company is in
* Service Providers – Legal and pr service providers to a company
* External Links
* RSS feed
* Pull company traffic stats through existing APIs
* Aggregate recent news/blog articles