I am launching a new business selling pet treatment products online, exclusively for Australia. I will be selling products to consumers directly, so this project is in relation to putting together terms and conditions for Australian consumers.
I have gone to my competitors sites, and extracted their array of legal disclaimers. The type of information that nobody ever reads, but needs to be there. I would like you to look through what they have provided as copy, and modify it to sound sufficiently different so that it is clear that we have not copied it. The actual wording will have to change a fair bit to comply with this.
I'm not after just 'rewording / reworking', I'm also after your thinking as you go, for example:
* We only sell pet treatments, so there will be an element of unecessary information from the competitor sits. Pet Treatment products are limited to tablets or creams that are applied to dog & cats bodies.
* I'm happy for you to choose headlines that you feel are more appropriate versus what the competitors have used.
* After reading the competitor information, do you feel that there is something missing that we should stil cover off
Hence, I can use this existing competitor text and modify it, but keep the primary content and messaging.
Note the following:
* Pet Barn legal information is much more detailed. They're a good base to work from.
* Our deliveries are mainly going to be Australia Post (Registered Post) with some deliveries via GoLogistics courier company. Therefore, when it comes to delivery, I'd refer to Australia Post 'rules' (just a link to their website?). Not sure how other companies do this.
* Ensure there is somewhere protection of the company in the case of a failed product (ie if Bayer's product doesn't work / kills a pet - this is Bayer's responsibliity!).
Review the reference copy (file name: PN_Technicalinformation_8dec12) and create a set of legal sections for PetNurse (file name: PetNurse_Legal_8dec12).
Please note: I do no check the freelancer website every day. Therefore, if you have a question, keep in mind that I will respond - just not promptly. Therefore, please don't keep asking the same question. I do respond within a day or so.