Evaluation: Needs a general introduction to frameworks, then onto CodeIgnitor.
Advantages and disadvantages needs to be presented with evaluation criteria derived and used to evaluate case study.
Excellent and knowledgeable overview demonstrating wide reading of subject area.
Justified evaluation criteria developed
Appropriate selection of case studies & insightful evaluation.
• Summarize the key concepts from each topic
• Develop criteria with which you could evaluate the technology. This would normally be drawn from assessment of advantages and disadvantages.
• Outline a ‘real world’ case study with which you are familiar.
• Apply the above criteria to your case study and reflect on your implementation
TOPIC AREA 1 : Design, Development
1. PHP Libraries and Frameworks
• Reflect upon a case study where a PHP Framework(eg CodeIgnitor, CakeSymfony, , Zend..) or PHP Libraries (eg SPL, PEAR).
TOPIC AREA 2 : Interface
1. Rich Interface Technologies
• Reflect upon a case study where the web interface has been enhanced with significant use of a technologies such as JQuery, HTML5, Ajax or the development of an interface for mobiles devices
TOPIC AREA 3 E-Commerce
1. EC- Security
• Reflect upon a case study which illustrates the main security issues relating to web systems and the steps taken to mitigate these threats. These may cover programming techniques or others such as social engineering(eg Phishing), credit cards etc