We are a company that primarily develops solutions to assist companies with their annual compliance work against a standard called PCI DSS, created by the major credit card schemes: Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, etc. Additionally we provide consultancy around deployment and use of our solution as well as the work needed to meet the compliance requirements. This standard is highly technical and focuses on IT Security - firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, etc. If you visit the [url removed, login to view] site you'll be able to get the latest version of the standard 1.2 and see that it has a format similar to that of ISO 27001 - a table with questions to which an auditor has to provide comments.
To begin with we need a technical content writer who can assist with the writing of some marketing literature of our solution, which will be published in electronic format and distributed to potential customers. The focus will be on describing our solution - which is a web based portal and should clearly articulate its functionality, features, benefits, added value, how it solves the problem at hand, etc.
Once this project is completed there may be more work on our web site content.
Please bid regarding your rate per 300 and 500 word text blocks. I will provide you in a PM with two 1 page marketing brochures we have published so far.
It would be an advantage if you a working knowledge of the following:
- Compliance frameworks - ISO, BSI, HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, etc
- Writing manuals and documentation for web based applications
To assist in writing the content, we will provide the following combined with your research:
- Content and/or information we would like to weave into the text
- Links to websites in the PCI DSS industry for ideas/information,
- Walk you through a prototype of our web application and provide you with screenshots
- Availability to answer any questions or respond to ideas related to our topic.
The delivery of the content will be required over the next 25-30 days. Bids will not be considered if they are not accompanied by a work sample. Please note that if you are selected it will be based on the samples you have sent and we also expect that when you submit articles for us they will be of the same standard as your sample if not better. It would be much appreciated if prior work/article examples include articles or copy written material relates directly to a (professional service provider) type of business that you may have written for.
Terms and Conditions:
1. All content belongs to us (we own the copyright) and we don't want to see it posted anywhere or submitted as samples.
2. Do not outsource our projects to other individual / company.
3. Strict compliance to project requirements and due dates.
4. All articles submitted to us needs to be original, well researched and well written. All articles must be original and must pass [url removed, login to view] test. Plagiarized work will not be accepted or paid for and no additional work will be rewarded.
5. Must be able to take direction and revise content as necessary to comply with requirements. We do not pay for revisions but content needs to be revised asap if you are requested to revise it.
7. Must be able to write using proper English with no spelling or grammatical errors. Content is targetting predominantly professional native english speaking audience.
8. Native English speakers are preferred but not necessary if you can demonstrate good grammar and writing skills.
9. Each bidder must clearly identify themselves to us when they are bidding, such as
-years of experience in writing
-and few other qualifications