Dog Breed Descriptions
Hello, I am looking for high quality well researched and written Dog breed descriptions for all the dog breeds recognised by the Kennel club in the U.K. some 207 in total for a website.
I have attached a word doc. of the breeds required and a template to work from. Each breed description must be written in fluent English for a United Kingdom audience. I would prefer the writer to be U.K. based.
All descriptions must be completely original! Content must not be cut and pasted or plagiarised. I would like to offer the work to someone already experienced in writing for this sector and able to provide example breed description(s) to the criteria I have set below.
I understand that there is a reasonable amount of research to be undertaken on this project and am flexible on the timescale, however the project must be completed by the end of January 2007.
I cannot emphasise it enough but this must be a high quality piece of work.
It is a condition that I will have complete exclusive ownership of all content, which must not be re-sold. Each description should be informative and easy to read to assist and educate readers in selecting a breed for the purpose of ownership. Readership will cover individuals, families and pet lovers in general. At least 700 words should be provided with a breed breakdown table outlining the animal information which is presented below.
The descriptions must be saved as word documents using the template provided. Descriptions must be grouped and saved alphabetically into folders. All breeds beginning with A, all B, all C etc into their respective folders. The finished project or alphabetical section should then be zipped and e-mailed to me.
You must be available to re-amend and re-work areas should the need arise. A good resource example of the kind of work I expect you to surpass can be seen by looking at the dog breed descriptions on [url removed, login to view]
This link below will show you the finished template used on the website that the descriptions you provide will go into. Copy and paste [url removed, login to view]
Bids must be based on the completion of the entire project not hourly rates.
Suitability with Children: High / Medium / Low
Sociability: High / Medium / Low
Exercise Demand: High / Medium / Low
Grooming Requirement: High / Medium / Low
Kennel Club Group:
General Size: Small/Medium/Large
Breed description Text: 700 Words
1. Description (Coat, body build, size, weight etc.) DO NOT WRITE A SHOW DOG DESCRIPTION. Write as if you are describing the animal to a blind person I don’t wish to sound patronising but I have no need for show dog standards.
2. Country of Origin & Breed history (Original founder of breed) Overview of original purpose and today’s uses (perhaps you can find a historic example or story of the uses to bring them to life)
3. Overall temperament description: good with children, good with other animals, easy to train, tendency to bark a lot, pros and con’s of the breed etc.
4. Keeping requirements & Day to day needs (Exercise, Training, Food & Diet, Grooming, Ideal domestic environment for animal etc.)
5. Health Problems Associated with the breed and average life span.
I am happy for you to be creative with your writing but factual information must be correct, and the over all experience of reading the description enjoyable and enlightening.
I very much look forward to working with you, hope to speak soon.