We need a freelancer to write a 500 –1 000 word report on how to find a good web design company.
We will provide some input as to topics that we want covered but the rest can be researched online.
1. Do they have an office?
2. How long have they been in business
3. Are they registered with the Inland Revenue or Companies House?
4. Do they advertise nationwide?
5. Do they have all inclusive pricing?
6. Do they supply free advice?
7. Can they provide references.
8. What are their opening times
9. How many staff do they employ.
10. Do they use automatic software for search engine registration.
11. How will they ensure your site does well in the engines.
And so on……..
Example on point 1;
Q. Do they have an office?
A. It may be a strange question but you would not believe how many people set up a web design company from their kitchen table hoping to strike it rich! We are an established company with actual offices that our clients can visit. We will be here next year, unlike a lot of the competition – we having been in business for over 25 years and expect at least as many more.
If you ring a company and they don’t answer in their company name or you always get an answer machine you may want to search some more, likewise if they don’t want to meet you at their office it could be a warning sign.