We are currently generating 5 aeronautical documents pilot should print prior to any flight. Those documents are (see attached files)
- A briefing (route)
- A NOTAM report including FIR
- A meteorology report (metar / taf)
- A weight and balance
- Tickets (boading pass)
Each of them is actually an HTML page and is generated through a template engine ([url removed, login to view]) and some data (in json). We are currently using bootstrap as a CSS basis.
The challenge of this project is to :
- Improve the current design, make the document looks serious, beautiful and clean.
- Uniformize the pages so that they will share the same design.
- Ensure they can be correctly printed in A4 and in A5 like format (correct width, no tables / tickets split between 2 pages etc…)
- Make each html file to embed all the mandatory data (including CSS and images)
You will (very probably) have to get rid of the current twitter bootstrap CSS as is it not suitable for printing documents (the printed media is a priority)
- Excellent knowledge in HTML and CSS specifically concerning all the print formatting features of CSS and resizing.
- Being able to understand, read and handle JSON documents as they will be the source data for the template engine
- Some knowledge in Mustache, the mustache template engine is very simple to understand and therefore to learn.
- A strong understanding of the document you will be working on is mandatory, the best candidate would have some knowledge in aeronautics.
- Good knowledge in document formatting, the final printed documents will have to be very clean.
- To be accurate and conscientious
The first step will be to refactor one document insuring all the requirements (design, printability, dynamism with json data…) are fulfilled to then extend this design to the other documents.
A detailed pdf describing all of those 5 documents will be providen.