I need to amend an ebook, in both Kindle and ePub formats (emphasis on Kindle). This is not standard ebook - and requires some programming/formatting sophistication.
Specifically, I need to add text to a Kindle ebook, such that it is vase-shaped, fitting in a kindle dimension screen. See 'Vase with Text (no outline)' image - this is what it should look like on the Kindle. The image 'Vase with Text' shows the outline that was used for the wrap-in shape. The 'Vase Image' shows the image used, separately.
I am assuming that to do this robustly in Kindle, rather than use a shape, we 'create' this 'shape' by using centered text, in which the line-breaks create the general vase shape, and then playing with the space between words, and between characters, to create the perfect vase shape.
As an example, see attached 'Vase [url removed, login to view]'. On the first page: the text itself. On the second page: the vase-shaped text, achieved by simple text, but with appropriate added spaces. I did this in Word - ideally - this would be created in InDesign, so that word-spacing and character spacing can be controlled perfectly. Or you could do it at the level of the html/css, playing with em of word-spacing/character-spacing.
Page 3 of the doc, shows a quote, and a lotus (also attached). Before the vase-text, there should be a page with the quote and logo, they are just above middle of the page, on a separate page.
In the project there are 18 such text vases, and quotes; they each go before each of the book's 18 chapters. The TOC jumps to the quote page; the chapter itself begins after the quote page and the vase page.
The project must be tested on different Kindle devices, and across all of Kindles fonts. The vase, leng
IMPORTANT UPDATE: After further thought, and because of technical limitations of implementing the vases satisfactorily in Kindle platform, I am simplifying the project, as follows:
1. NO VASES (unfortunately). Simply add before each of the book's 18 chapters: a lotus icon, a quote and a PreChapter text (I will provide the quotes and PreChapter texts, and formatting guidance).
2. Change book cover (I will provide printed book cover, you need to extract from it front page, in Kindle correct dimensions.
3. Correct all font sizes of Introduction sections, and of new Quote and PreChapter sections - all to be the same font-size of the main VERSES font size.
4. And correct the ebook font setting, such that the font size that currently is on Kindle eReader font size FOUR, will be on the device's font-size FIVE.
5. Check and verify that the book displays perfectly on different Kindle devices, and that the ePub also works well on standard devices.