My thesis tittle :
The Method Development and Validation of an Analysis of Methyl-diethanolamine & Piperazine in an Activated MDEA Treatment Solution by Gas Chromatography in Comparison with the Standard Titration Method.
Basically I have developed a method to analyse ( Methyl-diethanolamine & Piperazine) by Gas chromatography .
Activated MDEA treatment solution consist of( Methyl-diethanolamine, water & Piperazine) ( is a solvent developed by Shell company for the purpose of removing H2S and CO2 from gases process plant ( liquefied Natural Gas ) .
Currently ,we are using titration method for the analysis of Methyl-diethanolamine & Piperazine in activated MDEA solvent .Method is Determination of METHYLDIETHANOLAMINE, PIPERAZINE AND HEAT STABLE SALTS IN ADIP-X TREATING SOLUTIONS Titration Method (SMS 2930-05a) see attached method.
Literate review should cover above and following :
1. Detailed process of amines(MDEA and piperazine) used in liquefied Natural Gas plant ,chemistry of CO2 and H2S removal process with equation illustrating that.
2. Important of MDEA and piperazine analysis related to process of sweeting gas unit.
3. Titration method currently used for analysis MDEA and Piperazine.
4. Gas Chromatography analysis for amines in general and specific for MDEA and piperazine.
5. Gas chromatography validation ,GC&acirc;€™s main parts (inlet, Column, flow ,detectors mainly flame ionized detector , retention time ,mobile phase ,stationary phase,
6. Other methods used for amines analysis.