Hi Alex, I would like you to bid on the following project please:
Animal Genetics (for an online course in animal health science) - covering the following topics:
Please note: The following descriptions are only for your information and cannot be used in the course material
A total of 5-6 pages will be required:
* Genes and chromosomes
* Dominant and recessive genes
* Distribution of chromosomes to offspring (meiosis)
* Sex determination (e.g. the two chromosomes that determine the sex of the offspring, unlike the other pairs of chromosomes, are not matched in size and appearance. The female X chromosome is larger&acirc;€&brvbar;&acirc;€&brvbar;.
* Sex-linked traits (e.g. any trait that is carried on a sex chromosome)
* Hereditary traits (e.g. observable hereditary traits such as skin, eye and coat colour etc and less obvious traits such as susceptibility to disease; some traits inc many genetic diseases are determined by single pairs of genes; most, however are the result of two or more gene pairs acting together in what is termed &acirc;€˜multifactorial inheritance&acirc;€™ which accounts for the great variation in such characteristics as height, weight, etc all of which are determined by several gene pairs)
* Gene expression (the effect or expression of a gene may be influenced by a variety of factors, including the sex of the individual and the presence of other genes. Environment also plays a part in the expression of genes. An animal may inherit a potential for a given size, for example, but his actual size is additionally influenced by such factors as nutrition, development and general state of health. The same is true of susceptibility to diseases; Please include brief info about epigenetics too &acirc;€“ how genes may not necessarily be expressed if given the right nutrition, nutrient therapies, low toxin exposure, healthy environment, etc
* Gene mutation (usually chromosomes replicate exactly during cell division but occasionally they do not/the genes or chromosomes change&acirc;€&brvbar;..
* Congenital Vs Hereditary diseases
Would need to sign a contract before starting that transfers all rights of ownership (of the material) to us.
Need to ensure all work is 100% original and fully referenced throughout the text using the Harvard referencing system.
Plagiarism will not be tolerated and if found, will be reported to freelancer. All work submitted must pass the turnitin and copyscape systems to ensure all work is original.
Any illustrations used (if required) will need to copied from istock or fotofolia and the reference number will need to be provided to us so we can purchase them.
Target market &acirc;€“ The wording needs to be at college/undergraduate university level and easy to understand for the general public (non-scientific) and in English with perfect grammar.
To ensure you are on the right track, we will require you to deliver the material after the first 2 pages are completed.
Writers may be given credit for their work so your real name and a short introduction about yourself may be required. Ongoing work may be available for successful writers.