There are 2 question
**Challenge # 1**
Delta Arctic Corp (DAC) is your biggest customer with over 800 users actively using Atlan. The highest usage of the product happens during the end of the month when a large number of data analysts have to ready monthly or quarterly reports for business reviews. During one such cycle, there's, unfortunately, a huge outage of the product and the users of Delta Arctic Corp are unable to even login. The SPOC Mohini, the Manager of Data Analytics at DAC, has been frantic since early morning and has sent out two emails & several text messages already to you as a lot of critical reporting tasks are stuck because analysts are unable to run their query workloads on Atlan. The reports need to reach senior executives by evening so that the business reviews scheduled for the next day can proceed as planned.
- The outage was reported 2 hours ago
- Your engineering team has shared the details of the alerts received in the team Slack channel but hasn’t been able to troubleshoot the exact reason of the outage. The infrastructure is hosted in the customer's VPC.
- Only users of Delta Arctic Corp are affected by the outage - other customer accounts seem to be running smoothly
- What immediate steps would you take to deal with the situation?
- Briefly describe how you'd keep stakeholders informed about the situation and the progress towards resolution.
- The situation has now been escalated to the Head of Data Analytics at DAC, a key decision-maker named Jordan. Write an email to proactively communicate and minimize the trust impact of the same.
**The problem first, Solution Second**
The problem first, solution second is how we like to approach things. The new features that our engineers build are a direct result of what our users need.
When building for data teams around the world, it’s very important for our team to understand their problem and dig deeper into the why. If we are not able to help data teams do better work with data, we haven’t done our job.
**Challenge # 2**
A user named Steve from Instadart has sent the mail below:
Hello Atlan team,
I've been tinkering around with alerts and notifications in the product and can see that you have a [Slack integration]([login to view URL]) that makes alerts and notifications possible. We don't use Slack but we do use email a lot. Can we repurpose the [SMTP]([login to view URL]) we've set up in Atlan to trigger similar notifications through email? This will be super helpful for us! Can you add it to the next update?
Lead Data Analyst, Instadart
This feature is not something Atlan can support today and you have no visibility into where it sits in the product roadmap. Write a mail responding to this request.