We are a consumer advocacy web site seeking an assistant to update pricing information monthly. For this job, you will call approximately 15 local companies as if you were a consumer to get pricing information for their products. You will then post this information on
the web site. You will be helping New York City consumers make smart purchasing decisions.
- Once a month (any time between the 10th and the 15th) for approximately 3 hours
- Approximately 15 phone calls to companies for product information
- Update prices on web site using an html editor of your choice
- $80 for completed job each month
All calls are 800 numbers.
You must have good English communication skills. Please include example of web site editing experience.
Instructions for updating web site
• Read through the site at xxxxxx.
• The site should be updated between the 10th and the 15th of each month.
• Update the web page based on the latest version of the web page from the site (http://xxxxx), not from a previous version which you may have kept.
• Update the date at the top of the web page. If you work over several days, this date should be the last day that you worked on the page.
• Call each xxx to get price for Manhattan. We do not need rates for other locations. Start with a simple xxxwith only one or two options (such as xxx). (The first few xxx on the page tend to be most difficult due to the number of options.)
• Example telephone script: “I am a xxx customer, and I'm interested in your company's xxx program. Can you tell me your current xxxxx? I am interested in both xxxx and yyyy.”
• For xxx: “What is your current xxxx ?”
• Answers may be (for example):
o 13.2 c (round to the nearest .1 or .01 cent, e.g. [url removed, login to view] instead of .137382)
o 1xxxxent lower than xxxx
o Refuse to provide current rate
• If they ask for location, say Manhattan. Zip code 10003. Do not give out account number, or say you don't have it. If they refuse to provide a current rate, write “Refuse to provide current rate” in the Customer Service column.
• Ask them if there are any cancellation fees for any of the plans, and record the information for all the columns.
• For the sites that have rates displayed on their web site, you may get the rate either from the web site or by calling them – your choice. For xxxxx, enter a fake name/address with zip code 10003 and my xxxaccount number: xxxxx.
• Update the web page, including date at the top of the page, and fill in the historical comparisons at the bottom half of the page (you will need to add a new row at the top).
• Please email the html file to me, and include in the email body any notes on questions or problems that you encountered.