I am interested in someone creating a program to scrape data from the website [url removed, login to view] .
1) If you go to the website, you will see that you first have to agree to their terms and conditions
2) From there, you can jump to many different cities in the US, from "AL - Anniston" to "WI - Town of Menasha" - the scraping program should allow choice of city
3) You can also select kinds of crime - the program should allow me to choose which crimes, with the default selected to all crimes ("Select all")
4) There is also a date range. THIS IS IMPORTANT, because the website will only show a maximum of 500 crime incidents. Therefore, I must be able to pick out narrow enough date ranges so that I can gather all of the data through multiple scrapes
5) The "Data Grid" feature shows the details of the crime incidents. This is pictured in the attached file below.
- The scraping program should created a CSV or text file with the Incident, Crime, Date/Time, Location, Address, Distance, Accuracy, and Agency.
- The name of the CSV or text file should simply be the date/time that the program started scraping, for example, [url removed, login to view] if the program started on April 25, 2012 at 8:54 am
- The fields should be tab delimited