We need to gather successful advertising emails. We will later statistically analyze these emails to look for correlations (i.e. certain headlines, font size, etc).
We already have a database full of ad URLs, and we have a web page that will display about 20 urls each time it is accessed.
We want you to create some throw-away email accounts (i.e. yahoo, hotmail, etc. - mix them up)that you will eventually turn over to us.
For each email account, we want you to use a different, U.S.-based IP address so that we will get a wide selection of high-quality ads.
You will execute the following procedure for each email/IP:
1. Go to the link we provide. You will see the URLs (about 20).
2. Click on each URL, and verify that the link is not broken. In other words, it must reach an actual page.
3. If the URL is broken, click the back button, and write down the URL number. Proceed to the next URL.
4. If there is an actual page, then enter your throw-away email address into the advertisement and submit. Many of the ads will have an entry box on the front page - though some may have a "Sign up" link.
Most should just require an email - a few may require making up a name, user name, and/or password.
Once you opt in, though, you do not have to fill in any information on any other screens.
5. Now use the back button to get back to the page with URLs.
6. After you have gone through all the URLs, log into your throw-away email account and open up any emails to see if you need to opt-in by clicking on any confirmation links.
That is it. So, in other words, for each email/ip combination, we want you to simply opt into about 20 ads. (Note that, each time you loop, some or many of the ads may be the same - that is ok, a lot of advertisers use split testing and we want to capture all variations).
After you are finished, you will send us a text file with any broken URLs, and a list of the email addresses and passwords. We will take care of harvesting the email advertisements.
After we do a spot check to make sure you did opt in to the ads, we will release payment.
We want you to quote a price per email account. We want to start out with spending $30 to see how things work out before spending more.
So if, for example, you quote 10 cents per email account, we would expect to get 300 email accounts (each opted in to 20 ads) for our $30.