We have to update a website and make merge different excels where one column contains nearly identical content.
I also need to have some training in Excel for daily tasks as we use Excel for many tasks.
The Main points are:
A. Merge 2-4 excels into one large one, so we can do following:
1. Import new articles from the merged excels (the import to our cms will maybe be done be you otherwise by one of our developers.
2. Replace (before we make new import into our CMS DB) so old/ugly urls are replaced with the new clean urls.
So we will replace urls that before looked like:
so they now soon look like [url removed, login to view]
3. We must also update our 301 redirects in the htaccess file as many old urls now are just pointing to the default page and we want to point them directly to the specific article is should be pointing to the new/correct article or category.
If you cant do this I can have another do this, but it would be good you have tried this before.
4. We also need to replace on live site old ugly urls with new clean ones, which can be done in many ways and are open to suggestions.
5. We have an html copy of the old site where all article are saved as individual pages, and I want to know if you with this can pair the Excel list of articles with the HTML pages.
A final note:
I will send a more indepth description and Excel samples, link to the html pages, link to the new site which is built on Typo3.
If you know this it would be an added advtantage.
I dont respond to uninvited skype/e-mail requests if we have not had contact through freelancer.