I need someone to enter in data from an internet source. The data must be manually queried, and will be returned in a list of 25 at a time. I need each page of data copied into Excel (see attached example). To understand what I need done, please do the following:
1. Go to the website
[url removed, login to view]
2. In the "Search For" selection box, select "Law School Faculty"
3. In the "US State" List box, select all states from "Alabama" to "Wyoming", using the CTRL-click to select multiple items
4. Hit the red "Search" button
5. The site should return "Your search for U.S. Law Faculty in United States found 7,352 listings. (Only the first 1000 will be displayed)." with a list of 25 people at a time. I need all of the directory data copied into Excel. It is a very simple matter of directly copying the entire page into an Excel spreadsheet. The end product should be an Excel spreadsheet with all of the data in one workbook (see attached example) You can split up the data into a few files if the file size gets too big.
6. PLEASE NOTE: When you really do this, you will not be able to select all states, because only the first 1000 names will come up. I would suggest selecting a group of states that will give you less than 1000 names at a time, doing them, and then selecting the next group of states. For example, you would select Alabama through California, do all names states, and then go back to the search page and select Colorado through Florida, and so on.
There are about 7500 names. At 25 names per page, that means you have to copy data from 7500/25 = 300 pages. At about 15-30 seconds per page, that works out to about 1.5-3 hours of work. Please do a test run first to see how long it will take you to do per page before you bid. I will not increase the payment amount after I accept your bid.
If the bid is below $30, please note that in your PM. Payment will be via getafreelancer only.