Procurement & Sourcing Specialist Job Description
Looking for a dedicated and independent worker with the ability to do the following for an international sourcing company:
- Review product sourcing requests from clients
- Contact suppliers for pricing for products based on sourcing requests from clients
- Data entry of client requests, supplier information and product specifications
- Communicating with suppliers and clients
- Submitting pricing for tender to clients
- Demonstrates initiative and skills in planning and organizing work.
- Demonstrates a desire to set and meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks.
- Detail-oriented; completes work with accuracy and within expected time frames.
- Requires minimal supervision, is self-directed and able to work under tight deadlines
Candidates must have the following:
- Steady internet access and consistent and reliable electricity
- Be available to work 5+* Hours a day
- Flexible working hours from 12 noon BST (British Standard Time)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- VPN access and understand how to conduct web searches in different regions using a VPN
- A large computer monitor or multiple screens
- Constant and reliable electricity
- Experience sourcing products
- Experience working with international companies in Asia, Europe and the US
Hourly Rate: $3
As part of the interview process, candidates will be required to undergo a trial period for two days, where the candidate will be asked to perform several tasks that will mirror those required for this job. This time will be paid at a daily rate of $1.50 an hour. Please note that successful candidates will have the opportunity to stay onboard continuously if their work product is excellent.