I am based in Australia. I run a wholesale electronics business and am looking for a VA/VA team to help me with both business and personal tasks.
My requirements of you for general skills:
- Analytical and value-adding mindset. I am happy to provide detailed instructions, but where something is unclear, I expect you to ask for clarification. You should be able to create value by taking a task I would normally do, and performing it to a similar level as me in a similar or lower amount of time. For example, if I need flights to Europe booked at a cheap price, I can find good airfares in about 20 minutes. If it takes you an hour to do the same thing, or you're not good at finding cheap airfares, or you cannot present the information in a way that is easy for me to digest, there is no point.
- Proactive. Someone who is willing to learn my habits, and as we progress, anticipate my needs so my requests can become less detailed.
- English level medium and upwards (there are some content-related tasks like newsletter creation and proof-reading, but these are not essential tasks to be completed by my VA - it is more important that you can do the non-language tasks I require very well).
- Availability to start work within 6 hours of being tasked, preferably within 3 hours. Tasking may occur between 8am and 1am AEST.
- Stability. If you share the work with a team, that is ok (although you will need to get my permission for this), but I don't want to see regular changes of your staff which require me to re-brief them on my habits and needs. I am looking for a long-term relationship that is beneficial to both of us.
- Scalability: Initially I will start out requiring just a few hours a week, but if this goes well, it could end up as a full time job. I need you to be able to handle both ends of this spectrum.
- Discretion. I will be sharing private information with you so I will need assurances about how you keep this information secure.
- Ability to use pivot tables in Excel
- Creative skills (e.g graphic design, content creation, video editing) are all a positive, but not essential. Again, I would prefer that you are great at the core tasks of admin and analysis than also being able to handle creative tasks.
Here are the likely tasks I will be asking for your help with:
Admin services (essential):
- Buying small gifts online for customers and loved ones
- Personal expense management - paying bills; signing up and unsubscribing from services
- Domestic Australian and international travel bookings
- Finding venues
- Liaising with clients when requested to share documents on storage system
- Obtaining quotes for business services such as printing
Analysis services (essential):
- Data mining: I will give you spreadsheets of raw data and ask you to identify key trends and present these visually
- Basic internet research to compile lists of topics
Creative/content services (non-essential):
- Graphic design for print and web (I have high standards here so unless you are great at it, do not offer your services)
- Video editing for web (basic things like being given raw video, adding music and titles and
- Proof-reading (if you will offer your services here, your English must be absolutely perfect, otherwise I will continue to do this myself)
- Newsletter creation (you would be given a brief, such as a product, a required length and topic, and asked to make something that our customers will enjoy reading)
- Press release creation
- Web product page creation (there will be plenty of information available to do this).