The attached file named "database_sample.zip" has a sample database that was previous created using a DB tool called DBDesigner from fabforce. Please install DBDesigner then open the xml from the sample zip to see how I want each table and column created (naming convention / data types, etc...).
The [url removed, login to view] contains the specifics for this particular application. There are only a handful of tables for this application.
I want to see a schema from a visual perspective, which is why I need the schema instead of simply the create table statements (db designer will generate that for me).
Here are the design/naming conventions for the database tables:
1. primary keys are named: id
2. the "name" or "title" column should always be named: name
3. table names are plural (judges)
4. foreign keys are singular with underscore and id: judge.contest_id (judges table and contests table - a judge belongs to one contest)
5. there should always be "created" and "modified" DATETIME fields at the end of the table
6. long text fields should have the datatype: text
7. all foreign keys must be indexed. hopefully the modeling software does this automatically when you create the relationships