An airline company called “FlyLiverpool”has asked you to design a distributed reservation system for its seat booking system which provides reservation inquiry and bookingfor a passenger’s flight. The company will have many branches in the Europ. Customers will be able to reserve a seat for a flight. The customer can choose whether to take a business or economyclassticket. Children under the age of 8are entitled to a half price ticket. The customer can also change or cancel a reservation.
The system will be designed in order that high availability is required to gain user acceptance. The users are the airline company employees who are working in different branches. Each branch will have terminals that are linked to the airline reservation system.
The requirements of the system are:
1. Each customer will be able to inquire about the availability of the seats.
2. Each customer will be able to reserve a seat for a flight if there is a vacant seat which is at least 14 days before the flight’s date.
3. If a customer wants to reserve a seat less than 7 days before the flight’s date, he/she has to purchase the ticket immediately.
4. There is no mechanism for cancelling or changing the tickets (after purchasing).
5. All reserved tickets have to be paid forat least 10 days before the flight’s date,otherwise the reservation will be cancelled.
6. A customer can change his/her reservation provided that the date of his/her reservation is at least 10 days before the flight.
7. If a ticket is not available for the customer, then they will be puton a waiting list.
8. To reserve a seat, the user must specify: Flight number, customer surname, customer first name, passport number, date and time of departure, customer sex and date of birth, ticket class, and the destination of the flight.
9. Whenever a seat is cancelled or changed, the waiting list should be searched in order to fulfil the request fromthe waiting list.
Hint: You should configure the distributed database system with two servers and two local databases. The clients number is of your choice.
You are required to design the ‘airline booking system’using a distributed database management system. This is an individual [url removed, login to view] are asked to produce a report that must be word-processed using Times New Roman font at size 12.
The format of the report will consist of the following contents:
1. Overview of the “EasyAir” airline reservation system.
2. Requirement specification:
• Reservation (i.e. record locking)
3. Design in a distributed environment (Entity-Relationship diagram)
4. Design in a Centralized Environment
• Entity-Relationship Diagram
• Data flow diagram of major components
• Process specification of these components
The Semantic Web has inspired and engaged many people to create innovative semantic technologies and applications. The idea is to have data as well as documents on the Web so that machines can process, transform, assemble, and even act on the data in useful ways.
You are asked to write a report (that must be word-processed using Times New Roman font at size 12, no more than 10 pages) summarising and evaluating the contributions made to this research area, supported by at least three research papers. These research papers should be included as appendices with your coursework.
please please please look at the file attached , it will explain everything