Description : Can design and deploy mid to complex and optimized database supporting OLTP systems in a fast paced environment with ETL experience sourcing from multiple third parties for use in the transactional system.
• 3-5 years hand-on with Postgress
o Designing logical and physical models for multi-tenant OLTP SaaS solutions for highly scalable and secure solutions on AWS.
o Expertise in DB Development (stored procedures, advance queries and query optimization, functions, triggers, sequences
• 3-5 years heavy experience with ETL design, coding, deployment and management to suite transactional application and business intelligence needs
• 3+ years’ experience deployment and management of data stores, data lakes and ETL development in AWS environment
• 3 – 5 years’ experience with opensource ETL tools such as Pentaho and Glue, Talend, ETLLeap
• Must have experience in designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining Postgress DB from scratch for a new project.
• ETL – must have expertise in designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining and controlling pipelines and ETL jobs developed from scratch. Determine data storage needs, design and creating data stores, manage exceptions, data stages, audit trails, exception management, and complex rules.
• Must have experience with sourcing data from multiple sources, complex transformation, and optimization.
• Must have experience with modeling tools.
• Supports, designs, and manages upgrades with developed software that interacts with databases
• Monitors transaction activities and assists in the utilization of databases. ETL maintenance and job monitoring is required. On-call support is sometimes required.
• Responsible for the integrity and security of data across all environments
• Performance tuning of database objects, stored procedures, ETL jobs, and related scripts.
• Self starter
• Required little oversight
• Ability to design, develop and manage production and lower environment databases
• Query optimization
• Debugging and problem solving skills
• Ability to work with technology managers, developers and QA staff
• Conduct code walkthroughs and participate in peer reviews
• Must have flexibility to learn and embrace a dynamic environments
Nice to have: Java, familiarity with CI/CD