This design idea / website concept is in an early stage so I wanted to find out what costs might be like to have something like this created.
The main function of the website would be to have visitors input data into a form, which would populate a database which visitors could search and view via the website. This data would also be visible on a Google Map (open to other mapping services) on the main page of the website. On the map would be icons representing the various types of data being inputted into the database. When the user selects an icon on the map, a bubble will pop up with the short description and an option to click and continue to the full database entry.
To summarize in steps:
1. The user would arrive at the website and see the above mentioned Google Map populated with the last 30 days of database entries, in addition to a list below the map also listing the last 30 days of database entries.
2. When clicking on an entry on the map, the short description from the inputted form would appear as a bubble next to the selected icon, and the user would have the option to select a further link to see the full entry.
3. The user would be able to adjust what they see on the main page by adjusting all database entry options. The map and list would reflect their choises.
4. There would be a form that the user can input data into which ultimately populates the entire database.
5. The information populates the database live and can be viewed as it is updated without moderation, though an option would be needed to moderate when necessary.
6. The database should be created with the consideration that it would eventually be used within a mobile app that would function in a similar fashion as the website.
P0 - General
1. Site to be developed to be desktop, tablet, and mobile compatible.
2. Preference is site built using Wordpress. (Open to suggestions)
3. All art and navigation selections should be editable by owner
P0 - Layout
1. Advertisement space at top of site.
2. Nav bar for desktop (hamburger icon for tablet/mobile)
3. Populated map
4. Last 15 entries into form data
5. Advertisement space
6. Space for URL linkouts (News)
1. 2 columns, each with space for 5 - 10 stories
7. Media (where YouTube videos can be posted with description
8. Footer for legal
P0 - Form Entry Functionality
1. User enters form page from the “Form” section in navigation
2. User enter data including location
3. Once submitted, the entry enters a queue that needs approval from site owner.
4. Once approved, the entry (based on location provided) populates on map (on main page)
P0 - Map and list functionality
1. Entry should appear as a dot on the map (think USGS earthquake map)
1. All entries should appear over time and do not get removed.
2. The dot on the map changes color with age.
1. New (24 hours) - Green
2. Older than 1 day, but within last 7 days - Blue
3. Older than 7 day, but within 30 days - Yellow
4. Older than 30 days, but less than 6 months - Orange
5. Older than 6 months - Red
2. The list below the map will show the last 10-15 entries made, and as the user highlights, the associated dot on the map is highlighted.
1. The entry in the list will also have some sort of highlight when the user hovers over or selects (to indicate to the user they’ve selected the correct entry).
3. The user should be able to zoom in and out of the map to show global or local view (TBD on limitations)
4. When entries are approved by site owner, not only should they populate the map, but certain pieces of entered data will also auto-submit to the site’s Twitter, Facebook, and Insrtgram accounts.
1. This data will be accompanied by a snapshot of the location pinpointed on the map.
2. This should look similar to the USGS earthquake alerts found on Twitter.
Please let me know if there are any further questions.
30 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $603 untuk pekerjaan ini
Hi How are you? I read your requirement carefully, I can update your database realtime. I want to work with you for a long time with a good friendship. Please contact me, I want to discuss more with you. Thanks.
I DO NOT OUTSOURCE I have been a freelancer for the past 8 years, I believe that my experience and skill in this background will prove to be of great help to you. Contact me to discuss more on the details