For our e-commerce business, we are looking for a full time developer to map our IT systems to a visual diagram. Like ERD for example. Or several types of diagrams.
The goal mainly is to map the technical It structure in a clear diagram so it will be easy to document, give trainings about, and to do well organized project management for the transfer of our system from Google sheets to DBMS.
Most of it is built on Google Sheets now, but we are going to transfer it to DBMS. We work now with NoSQL database MongoDB.
Our business is focussed on the 3d printing market. Which means we sell 3d printers and supplies. We do that now in mainly the Netherlands and Belgium. But shortly we will be expanding to the whole EU.
You will be responsible for:
- Exploring the total system (I can give you access, but am not going to explain every little detail, then I would rather make the diagram myself)
- Mapping the current state of the system to a flexible ERD diagram. Which means that this diagram is made in a software in which we can easily customize and adjust the diagram, without having to write it all again or make to many changes.
- Analyse the current state of the system
- Make improvement recommendations
- give us a report about the current state of the system and the improvement suggestions.
- Advising us for the transition of the system to DBMS, about NoSQL and SQL.
- Help to implement the complete system in the new structure in DBMS.
- Make detailed documentation of all of it, also your process, so everybody can get a clear picture of how it works, and how they can improve and use it.
Apart from that, we are a young, innovative company. In other words, there is a lot of room for you to collaborate with our team on improving our workflows and processes. We like to give you room for your ideas! We believe in making mistakes and personal leadership to help you become the best database engineer you can be! As we grow, there is also room for you to take on more responsibility. Good English speaking and writing skills are therefore essential.
What do you bring?
- You have finished a technical education and have minimum of 2 years work experience in relevant workfield
- You have experience with Python, Google Sheets Formula, Google Apps Script, DBMS (NoSQL as SQL), MongoDB, Systems Engineering and Systems Design, as also Database Engineering and Database Design. API's (development and integration).
- An analytical insight
- Open to feedback
- Fluent in English speaking and writing
- You are in possession of fast internet and a good telephone
Pré (Not mandatory but extra):
- Shopify (API)
- Channable / Channel Engine / Channel Advisor / Effect Connect or any other similar software for multichannel integration
What do we offer?
- A full-time senior IT Database Engineer / Database Designer
- Time and place independent work
- Room for you to build beautifull things, across the globe. Since we will be expanding to multiple countries very shortly.
If you are interested, please answer the following questions: (NOTE: we only approach someone when the questions have been answered)
1. What technical knowledge did you acquire during your education?
2. What did you learn about database engineering during your working life?
3. Are you available to work with us full-time?
Thank you for your time! We are looking forward to getting in touch with you! Also, feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
CEO & CIO
PLEASE ADD YOUR FIXED MONTHLY RATE TO YOUR PROPOSAL