You need to develop a program that encrypts messages using a cipher and decrypts messages using the same cipher. For example, if someone sends an encrypted message to another person, that person must be able to use the program to decrypt the message.
Aim of the task is to help people to prevent and hide their information or on ATMs or emails ,also to protect digital data confidentiality as it is stored on computer systems and transmitted using the internet or other computer networks.
This is the pr
Ideas for developing your own cipher, using
• Binary numbers
• ASCII codes /symbols
• Standardised numbers such as ID numbers, ISBN numbers
• Mathematical processes such as check digits, LCM, etc.
• String processes
• Combining aspects of existing ciphers, etc.
During this phase you have to show that you have done a proper and thorough user requirement analysis. This needs to be done in order to determine who the users are and what the users of the system would require it to do. The following can be used as a guideline:
• have at least TWO forms/screens that allows for navigation between forms depending on the user choices
• comply with relvant HCI principles
Text files (optional)
Your application could use a text file(s) for input and/or output using text stream operations.
The user is the target audience and will thus determine the needs and requirements of the program. Determine the clients/users and their requirements.
The aim is to identify the user(s), user needs, acceptable limitations and processing requirements of the system. Use a table or a 'use case diagram' to explain the role, activity and limitations of each user of the system.
Navigation/ Description of Flow Diagram
Clearly indicate the logical program flow and navigation between screens. Use a flow diagram or any other form of illustration to present a global overview of the project/system.
The aim is to produce a GUI design that considers good human-computer-interface (HCI) principles. Your design should include measures that prevents errors occurring due to invalid input and that minimises the amount of information a user has to enter.
Use HCI design principles and design a GUI that considers the following:
• The user, type of user and context of user.
• User requirements, usability.
• Dialogues – must be relevant, simple and clear.
• Icon usage and presentation – well selected and relevant, well placed and purposely used.
• Colour – appropriate use of and combination of colours.
• Feedback – neat, clear and well presented.
• Helpful error messages.
• Exits – clearly marked, placed correctly.
• Shortcuts. Write code to develop the program/system according to the planning document that was developed during Phase 1. Note the following:
• Use good programming techniques and structures. Use appropriate structures to satisfy the requirements of the algorithms.
• Use loops and conditional structures.
• The following data structures could be used:
o Text file (recommended)
• Use relevant validation procedures and components.
• Develop a good GUI and rename relevant components.
• Input data using the most effective method, for example a text file, keyboard, components Process the data using the most appropriate methods.
• Generate output of data using the correct components and structures, with formatting where needed.
• Ensure smooth interaction between forms/tabs. These project notes must describe how the user should interact with the program. It can include notes on how to navigate through the program, specific requirements such as passwords and installation procedures if applicable
Test the Program/System
Test the program/system using clearly defined typical data, erroneous data and boundary (extreme) data.
The completed Delphi project (Delphi code, text files (recommended), and any other resources required to execute the program successfully) and project notes.