Zonerings is an old freeware screensaver that runs on windows. You can download the program from [url removed, login to view]
The source code is given and I have attached it here.
I believe it is written in Delphi though it was written about 10 years ago so it wont be the latest version!
The program was created by John Biddiscombe.
I think this may be an easy fun project for someone who knows Delphi well enough.
The program has various paramaters that I want to extend.
1) It allows you to select polygons of up to 10 sides - I want it to go to 24.
2) I want the max number of 'Zonerings' increased to about 4 times as many. (we have fast enough machines now).
3) I want to be able to control the thickness of the lines it draws which are at the moment limited to one pixel. And when it is in dot mode I want to control the size of the dot which is also at the moment one pixel.
4) It has an 'erase' function where the lines being drawn are erased after a few seconds. I want to control how long the lines remain before they are erased.
5) When one setting changes randomly to another setting the screen is wiped clean. I wnat it to keep the last image from the old setting as the new setting begins.
6) I want the copyright to the new version of the software. I wont be selling it but I will be offering it exclusively for download from my site.
If you download and install the software you will find it has a great control panel where all these things are controlled with sliders. Please ask if you dont understand any of my requirements.
Please say if you think some requirements are too hard and will increase the price too much. After all - this is a non commercial project so I am not wanting to spend too much on it. Any of the above requirements can be left out if it makes a big difference.
Im not sure if the source code uploaded but its in the package you download from the above address anyway.