Rolling Out is an African-American owned multimedia company with a trusted and influential voice in the Black community. We develop creative cutting-edge content. We have a keen eye for stories and movements that influence Black culture. We have connections that give us unprecedented access and a unique perspective across a wide range of verticals including Lifestyle, Entertainment, Health & Wellness, Art, Technology, Design, Home, Beauty, Travel, and Business.
The writer will be primarily responsible for writing daily evergreen articles reflecting a wide range of verticals. The writer will work with the Rollingout editorial and content team, in a fun and fast-paced media-centric agile environment. As a writer, you will be responsible for producing four articles each day while also being able to recognize content lanes that continue to grow Rollingout’s influence in key areas.
Country specific writer required for local content and evergreen posting in the following countries:
• Collaborate with editorial team members to produce the best of the best content
• Consistently hit target content frequency goals daily, monthly
• Seek out entertainment news items that will move the needle
• Understand trends so that Rollingout can stay at the top of each news cycle
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor’s in journalism, communications, online media or equivalent
• 2+ years of professional experience, with a broad range of skills and experience in online content writing and distribution
• Strong understanding of health & wellness, lifestyle, travel, celebrity culture, entertainment news and online trends
• Know the most current entertainment news cycles
• Experience with fast-paced, but quality writing for the Internet
You might also have -
• Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking as it relates to Black Culture news desk workflows and content production