Telecommunications & Network Security
Case Project (Network Security Plan)
The Acme Corporation is a new startup that wishes to sell their new phone, called Acmephone, to the public. Acmephone plans to offer two options. 1) a secure version of the phone designed for business organizations called the Acmephone B+, and 2) and highly secure version of the phone designed for the government, called the Acmephone G+.
Due to the fear of corporate espionage and government security requirements, there are many security concerns that must be addressed. As a security professional, you have been employed to design a network infrastructure for their two campuses located in Atlanta and Cincinnati based upon the following specifications:
1. There needs to be a constant connection between the two locations that can carry at least 50 Mbps of data.
2. Each facility has three floors. The buildings are rectangular with each floor 350’x350’.
3. There will be 200 network connections on each floor with an additional 100 network connections in the data centers located on the third floor of each building.
4. The primary data center will be located at the Atlanta location.
5. There will be a failover data center at the Cincinnati location.
6. Each location should be protected from intrusions that are not limited to state change attacks.
7. The Atlanta location will house the two secure development teams. As such, it will need the a greater level of security. The database servers and the corporate Web servers will be housed at that location as well.
8. Database servers will also be located at the Cincinnati site as well.
9. The servers must have redundancy.
10. The solution must have a plan to verify security measures.
Your job is to develop a network design to meet the requirements above.
1. You should submit a network drawing listing the network’s topology including any necessary hardware.
2. You should list any recommended cabling.
3. You can recommend wiring closets wherever you determine they are needed.
4. You should recommend ways to assure corporate management that the network is safe from attacked.
5. You should build traps to stop attackers.
6. You should include recommendations for any WAN or wireless technologies.
7. You should include recommendations for any technology needed in the data center for high availability.
8. Justify all of your recommendations.
hello,am IT Security [login to view URL]'s and easy job for me Relevant Skills and Experience IT Security Proposed Milestones $88 USD - initial milestone