Deliverable: To make a single conductor cable tester (for cables 50m to 350m).
1a. [Cable will manually be connected from one point on circuit to another point on circuit]
1b. Test Length using Timer, LCD will display: xxxxft
2a. [Cable will manually be connected from one point on circuit to remote external point]
2b. Test Circuit using ADC, LCD will display: "GROUNDED" or "OPEN"
- I will be using the MSP430FR6989 micro-controller to write the embedded C myself
- The development board has an integrated LCD which displays 6 characters, 3 push buttons (1 of the is a reset button), and 1 Green LED and 1 Red LED
- I used LTspice to create the schematics (I can make an image file instead)
1. Build a working timer - in progress, prototype built but needs trouble-shooting
2. Write embedded C for microcontroller - in progress
3. Build rest of the circuit functionality - yet to start
I am in need of electronics consulting assistance.
I would like to communicate with the engineer, ask questions, and be involved in the process.
I have some electronics knowledge and simple design experience.
Feel free to ask any more questions!