We are an early start-up.
The project we are developing requires that a client could read a text (explanations, instructions) while simultaneously watching the real-life action.
We need to contract an engineering/IT specialist to identify possible approaches to the development of hardware and software for the required device(s).
As it seems, there are two possible solutions:
1) to adapt one of the models of video (smart) glasses currently available in the market.
2) to design and engineer a new simple model from scratch.
Adaptation will be in the direction of the simplification and reduction of functions of more sophisticated models:
• No voice
• No pictures
• No film
• Very simple loading capabilities
Memory – 500 Mb.
GPRS/WiFi connection to a router and/or smartphones.
An in advance text loading.
Rewind back-forward (by stroking the arch of glasses).
Battery – 5 hours
Solution for customers already wearing normal optical glasses.
Price considerations – a very budget model. Most important!
Brand considerations – none.
Engineering/IT specialist work results:
1. To prepare terms of reference for an engineering/IT contractor to develop an MVP of the required device.
2. To assess the engineering, software and patent purchase costs of for production of:
a. an MVP (10 glasses).
b. commercial партия of 10 000 glasses.
To provide a short list of potential contractors with track record and approaches to contracting.
3. To create a short list (3) of meeting the required parameters for adaptation.
4. To suggest ways to approach (contract) developers of available smart glasses models.