1. Build a dynamic model of the first 3 degree of freedom (DOF) of the robot using MATLAB’s Simscape
– using the dynamic parameters given in the table below. Design PID controllers and incorporate them
in the Simulink model to control the robot
2. Design a cartesian trajectory planner for the first 3 degrees of freedom of the robot to move a straight
line between the initial and final cartesian locations defined by users.
The system developed should be implemented in SIMULINK and should allow the user to specify the following:
1. Desired initial and final locations of the end-effector in Cartesian space (either in metres or in millimetres).
2. Robot speed as a percentage of the nominal maximum linear speed (It is assumed that the maximum
linear speed of the robot is 0.3 m/s and can be achieved instantaneously).
3. Plots are required: i.e., actual and desired joint positions and the wrist centre positions in Cartesian
space vs. time, and tracking errors (in both joint and Cartesian space) vs. time.