We have a website that requires proof reading.
- Read and evaluate written text on every page of website for grammatical and typographical error
- Check text spacing and positioning to ensure they conform to set specifications
- Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent
- Stay abreast with grammatical development as well as new terminologies in a language
- Ensure illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced
- Identify grammatical inconsistencies related to style and text choice
When you identify a change that needs to be made, proofreader must mark it, using a recognised set of symbols. They usually mark the printed proofs, but sometimes this task may be done on screen, using specialised software.