PLEASE VIEW THE ATTACHED REQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT BEFORE BIDDING! And please do not bid if you do not believe that you can accomplish the task in a reasonable amount of time. I was previously working with another developer on this project, and they were in way over their head. I had to end the relationship because:
(1) they were way behind schedule;
(2) they were unable to deliver a working prototype; and
(3) they were not good about communication.
So I am now significantly behind my timeline for release and do not want to get into a similar situation again.
The purpose of this project is to seek bids for the development of a digital version (app) of New Baby Productions’ graphic novel, The Chronic Argonauts, which will then be offered on the Android Market. The attached document provides only a high-level expectation of the functions of the app and does not provide details regarding how those functions will be programmed or coded. It is further expected that the bidding developer will be able to offer ideas on how to improve the design and efficiency of the app, and offer ideas on how to port it to the Apple App Store for iPads.
This project requires that two versions of the app are produced:
1. A free version that includes only the first chapter of the graphic novel. This version will also include advertising to generate some revenue, and will offer the ability to upgrade to the premium version through in-app purchasing.
2. A premium version that includes the full graphic novel and has no advertising. This version will also include H.G. Wells’ original story, “The Chronic Argonauts”, from which the graphic novel was adapted.
The app will be made for Android tablet devices with a minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 600 (pixels). Because of the nature of the graphic novel material, viewing on anything less would cause significant degradation in the quality of the images.
Again, please see the attached document for the complete details. Thank you!