[url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] will be replacing their current video player with one capable of handling multiple video compressions (each a [url removed, login to view] .mp4 file), scaling to fit a varity of video sizes, loading video data from a web service, and performing the standard functions of a modern Flash video player.
Some key points about the project are:
1. The player will scale to accommodate a variety of video sizes.
2. The player will load a video JPG from an external server.
3. The player will display a loading image during a 5 second buffering period.
4. Pre-rolls loaded into the player will scale so that the entire video is visible.
5. Controls will appear/disappear upon mouseover.
6. Controls will allow the user to do a variety of things, including scrub through the video, view full screen, and step back 5 seconds.
7. A secondary menu will allow the user to do a variety of things, including email a link to a friend, copy video embed code, and download an iPod/mobile version of the video.
8. Video info (title, caption, etc) will be loaded from an external web service.
9. An HD toggle will be present to allow the user to load the video at a larger bitrate.
10. Videos will be served from a content delivery network.
11. A More Videos will load from an external web service and appear after playback has completed.
12. The appearance of the player will change slightly if the video is embedded on an external website.
13. When accessed from a smartphone, the video detail page will replace the player with an image linked to a smaller .mp4 version of the video.
14. Control size will be maintained when the video is viewed full-screen.
A more detailed process overview is available in the attached PDF document.