We need a developer who can build a viral, user-generated contest for a major global brand. A list of needs are included below. The turn around time for development is 10 days only.
1. Users enter the site and are greeted with the homepage, which has a contest call to action in the top, right corner. We will provide this design work
4. This contest landing page will include current contest leaders broken down by content type: Photo, Video, or Blog and links to register to vote or to submit an entry
5. If a user clicks on an entry, they can view that entry and its associated comments but if they click to vote or comment themselves they will be taken to the registration page
6. The registration page is extremely simple, an email capture tool already exists that can be integrated.
7. Once a user has registered, they will be automatically returned to the page they were viewing and are now able to submit their own entry or vote on someone else’s
8. If a user uploads an entry to the contest, that entry needs to remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator. The submission stage needs to have a feed that can be subscribed to via RSS or email to alert the moderator when new submissions are generated
9. Each entry will have a “Vote” or “Pass” option. Each vote in favor of that entry will be logged as an entry into the grand prize sweepstakes for the creator of that content. Passes will not have a negative effect
10. Each entry will also have a Comments section beneath it where visitors can leave their own thoughts about that entry
11. Entries must be shareable via the standard social networking and blogging platforms – email, MySpace, Facebook, Xanga, Friendster, Bebo, hi5, Blogger, LiveJournal, TypePad, WordPress, website embed, etc.
12. The site will need to generate a database that includes email and IP addresses of registrants along with the votes they have cast
13. The entries will need to be sortable by which ones have the most votes overall and per category (Photo, Video, Blog)