This project consists in creating a web platform to design 2D spaces for businesses such as cafes, bars and restaurants. The main objective is that a user may design their space and help them:
- Understand the best layout of for that space
- Perceives the number and type of items that the space can withstand
This project will be included in the client corporate web site. The client’s web site is built in the Joomla! 1.5.9 CMS, therefore this module (online space designer) should integrate with the client’s CMS. For more info about Joomla, please visit [url removed, login to view]
Application Use Case
<see osd_use_case image in project attachment>
Briefly, the user can draw his space with the objects/furniture available in the Furniture list. If the user is registered member and is logged in, he can:
- Save the drawing in is local computer for future use
- Upload a drawing from is local computer
- Print the drawing
The furniture list can be updated by a system administrator and only by him.
The OSD must have multi-language support (Portuguese, Spanish and English).
The drawing will be made in three steps:
1St Step: Choose space layout
2nd Step: Choose space dimensions (using metric system)
3rd Step: Draw the space with the following features:
- Have a menubar with the upload, save, print, zoom in and out features
- Have a toolbar that allows the user to create new spaces (rooms) in their main space, windows, doors and showcases.
- Menu with furniture list, where the user simple drags the object to the draw space. The objects must be in the scale with the space and other objects.
- The user can move, rotate, delete the object in the draw space .
The furniture list must be divided in categories, with tabs or other mean of arranging items:
- Refrigeration Equipment
When the user stops with mouse point in the object, a description from the object should be showed like in “tooltip”.
Save and Upload Drawings
- The user can save his draw ing in is local computer for future use.
- User can upload his draw ingto work on it so he can change the objects, their disposition, etc.
- The save file should be in XML or other format in order to allow that objects contained could be changed in the drawing
- Save and upload features are only avaliable to users that are registered in the web site and have permission to perform this tasks
Through this feature, the user can print is plan/drawing in his local printer.
The Furniture Manager is responsible to feed the furniture list with new objects or to remove objects.
Furniture Manager must provide the following features:
- Online form to easily add objects to the furniture list
- Delete and disable objects from the furniture list