I represent a site builder company. For all of you who don’t know a site builder company is, in plain English is a hosted software that lets you build and edit a site extremely easy. It is WYSWYG that works directly on the server. So the general procedure is to start with a template and customize to your needs. While it so easy to modify HTML template, we have no way to customize flash templates. Unfortunately our programmers don’t have internal Flash experience. So what we will need is an actual Flash programmer that will help us to build the right scripts while we work the internal stuff. What we are trying to accomplish is to have the capacity when we design a new flash template to customize key components of content.
In terms of qualifications if you are familiar with any online tools that let you build your own flash banners and such you already ahead of the game. Experience with actionscript is clearly another key component.
I also pasted my programmers description for more technical knowledge
WHAT do we DO?
* We have a php-based website builder product. It builds and manages websites.
* One of its features is the management of web design templates
* These template designs are customizable in many ways by the user (e.g. heading text, menu navigation, etc) through our system. For example, we have a feature called "Menu Navigation" where the user builds their site's navigation structure (i.e. Choosing which pages should display as main menu items, which pages are sub pages of those main pages, etc). Then we automatically apply this navigation structure to their design template without them having to edit the template's html file at all.
HOW DO YOU ALLOW FOR CUSTOMIZATION OF TEMPLATE ELEMENTS IN A NORMAL HTML TEMPLATE?
* The way we allow customization of these elements (e.g. menu navigation, logo images, slogan text, etc) in normal html templates is we make those elements varables in the template html. So if you view the html for one of our design templates it will have the text "#slogan#" where the slogan text is meant to appear.
HOW ARE THESE VARIABLES REPLACED WITH THE USERS SETTINGS?
* When a page is loaded through our system, we simply scan the template's html file for the variable text (e.g., "#slogan#", replace it with the user's set text (e.g., "The best widgets in the world."), and then display the modified template html.
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
* The problem is that we can't do this as easily with a Flash elements. That's the question we're trying to answer. That's the solution we're trying to find/invent: What's the easiest way to make elements inside a flash movie "variable" so that they can be replaced at runtime from data outside themselves?
So after consulting and discussion here’s our action plan
Hello plan is change and we are looking to design it
We already finished with the consulting and here's a go action plan, as usually our goal is to get customizable flash template for site builder. So please provide me with quote
Flash Template System Plan
1. User must be able to plugin and personalize Flash template in Soholaunch as easily as they can standard HTML templates.
2. Flash developer must be able to make his template Soholaunch-ready with little additional effort, as it is currently with standard html templates.
Phase I: Preparation
1. Consult with flash developer to determine possibility
2. We grab a basic example template to work with in Flash (see above specs)
* Logo images
* Heading text
* Slogan text
* Main & Sub Menu navigation
Phase II: Basic Element customization
1. After discussion with Mike, the programmer develops standardized code for pulling basic elements from config file...
1. Logo image url
2. Heading text
3. Slogan text
4. Menu navigation
2. the programmer educates Mike on anatomy of the config file(s)
3. Mike builds user features into Soholaunch that will ultimately write desired config data for flash template to read.
4. Tests first integration of Flash template (note that at this point the content change won't work).
Phase III: Content area
1. Mike educates the programmer on current code output of Soholaunch page editor and structure of page links.
2. the programmer and Mike figure out the best way to output page content from the product in a way that can be ready most accurately by the Flash scripts he's planning to write.
3. Mike (with help of Venky or Joe?) modifies page editor as necessary to output Flash-friendly content structure for pages.
4. We test structure by adding a content area to our example template and testing
Phase IV: Template Boxes
1. Mike educates the programmer on template boxes and what kind of code they can potentially output (i.e., sometimes just text, sometimes html, sometimes code like sitepal).
2. the programmer and Mike meet (online) and figure out the best way to output/ready promo box content into Flash templates.
3. While Mike (with help of Venky/Joe?) works on the output from Soholaunch, the programmer works on the read-in script from flash side.
4. We test structure by adding a template boxes with custom titles and settings to our example template
Phase V: Advanced Features and other wildcards
1. Mike and the programmer discuss the desire/need to implement any further advanced features (e.g., special home/sub page template structure) and proceed accordingly so long as planning/development does not take more than 1 additional week (unless justified)
Phase VI: Documentation & Launch
1. The programmer writes documentation from Flash developer perspective as a guide using PowerPoint or keynote so we can have a nice downloadable PDF on "how to develop flash templates for Soholaunch". He aslo adds most of the PDF's info to our wiki documentation site for easy reference.
2. While the programmer is working on the above, Mike works with Sharon to build promotional/instructional elements into the Soholaunch Addons website notifying everybody that Flash templates are now can-do.
3. We do newsletter/press release to everybody, etc.
We would like to take it to the next step and hopfully integrate a small flsh editor into the program also :-)