CyanoCapture is a double-award winning startup based at the University of Oxford harnessing GM cyanobacteria for industrial-scale carbon capture. We are looking for a Lead Scientist to join our R&D team for 3 months.
You will be directly working in our brand new laboratory space constructing our proprietary GM strain.
Must be able to commute to central Oxford on Monday - Friday.
* Able to learn quickly on the job and conduct bacterial conjugation experiments
* Core lab competencies including PCR, gel electrophoresis, conjugation/cloning
* Previous wet lab experience - essential
* Previous wet lab experience working with bacteria or GM - highly preferred
* Minimum MSc or PhD in a biological discipline
Negotiable working hours - estimated 18-30hr/week.
£100 per shift (5-6 hours). Up to 5 shifts/week.
Bonus available for timely completion of the set work.