Our production company is seeking to expand this year to include more ghostwriters. Please read the information below and if you’re a good match, then by all means, apply!
We’re looking for a long-term working relationship with several creative storytellers who are comfortable writing from a detailed plot, but are also capable to improvising to add their own flavor to the story, be it different plot lines, character traits, and depth in the form of humor, love, longing, sorrow, and all other manners of emotion.
Our writers have great freedom to write the best story that they are comfortable with. We are always open to brainstorming and idea sharing.
We are currently focusing on the genre of Romance. When applying, please indicate your experience with the following sub-genres:
• Action & Adventure
• Contemporary (Bad Boy, Biker, Billionaire, etc)
• Gay Romance
• Romantic Comedy
• Romantic Suspense
• Science Fiction
• Werewolves & Shifters
Some of the things we’re looking are as follows:
• You have experience writing Romance novels (namely in the sub-genres above),
• Fluency in English (native first language preferred),
• Capable of brainstorming to improve upon and add details to the plot outline given,
• Capable of writing around 50-80K within the contractual period agreed upon,
• Willingness to go over through their first draft and ensure all apparent and glaring errors are omitted,
• Willingness to review our comments and make adjustments – working alongside us as we develop the story together,
• Willingness to sign off on the included non-disclosure agreement (NDA).
When applying, please:
• Tell us a bit about yourself and your past writing experiences. Include any genres/subgenres that you’re comfortable writing in, and the ones you enjoy most.
• Please include a sample of your work, preferably with dialogue
• Let us know your turnaround time for a 45K and a 60K novel.
• Please include your bidding rate per word. Our standard rate is $100 USD per 15,000 words. If you're negotiating a higher rate due to other factors, please note that.
• List any other genres (not listed above) that you’d like to consider writing for us as well.
Please note: This position is a ghostwriting position. This means that once the client purchases the written work you will not retain any rights to the work. The client will have all rights to publish, distribute, sell and generally use the stories in perpetuity in any media including digital, electronic and print. Further, the written work will be published under the client’s name who will retain the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, and the work cannot be distributed or used by you in the future.
The content should be 100% original. Plagiarism will not be accepted. Any non-original work will be returned without compensation and you will no longer be considered for future projects.