Hello! We are a team of 4 tech enthusiasts that run a start-up from Belgium, Italy and Sweden. To make this job offer even more exciting, we have made a short video that explains who we are looking for. Be sure to check it out before reading the rest!
[login to view URL]
You can submit your application either on this website or on this url: [login to view URL]
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for a genuine person who is honest, open, critical and proactive.
- A 'Manager of one': Someone who’s able to finish his tasks without others needing to supervise but also won't hesitate to ask for help when necessary (instead of making up excuses later).
- A person that just loves programming and sees it as fun instead of a job. Someone who likes to meet the team, and not just doing the project to get paid.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to be at the start of cool start-up company that already has traction
- Responsibility and involvement: Your input and ideas will be very valuable for us and you will help to shape the future of our company
- A friendly and flexible working environment with 4 happy people
- Experience with the awesome technologies and best practices: Golang, AWS Serverless, Agile scrum, Ruby on Rails.
- Technically skilled product owner: We think with you on finding simple and effective 80/20 solutions.
Don’t take our word for it. Here is the feedback from our previous developer (we can share his contact info on your request):
"I have been working with PJ for a year and a half, and I have to say that even being a great person and almost the perfect client, the most valuable thing is that we are always working with a big smile on our faces :)"
- Preferably a small time zone difference with the CET (Central European Time)
- Either half or Full time occupation, available for the next 3 months with very likely option to extend
- Fluent English speaking skills - it’s important that we can easily communicate with you ;)
- We’ll ask you to travel (for at least 3 days at the start of the project) to work together in the same location. This way we get to know each other personally at the start of the project.
a) Our technology stack
- Backend: Go 1.13
- Database: Dynamodb and RDS (Postgres)
- Frontend: Ruby on Rails 5 (handled by another senior programmer)
- Go-lang: Min 2 years experience
- Programming in general: Min 5 years experience
- Experience with connecting JSON API services through oAuth 2.0
- Long term client mindset: We count on you to maintain this code for the next years (+- 3 months/year)
c) Nice to have
- AWS experience: EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, ElastiCache
- Having worked with the API of any of these platforms: [login to view URL] , [login to view URL], [login to view URL]
What is the project about?
Using a cloud platform to manage business-critical information is scary. Your business can be disrupted overnight by a human mistake, program error, malicious insiders or malware. That’s why our company has built an easy & secure backup app for [login to view URL] - a world-leading customisable work management solution.
The app backs up the Podio data to our AWS servers and syncs a copy of the backup to readable Google Sheets. The app also syncs meta data such as comments & files. This transparent approach has received lots of praise from the Podio community and we’re keen to do the same for other platforms such as Airtable, Asana and Quickbooks.
Our backup solution provides peace of mind to our clients by offering:
- Extra level of disaster recovery
- Extra restoration capabilities (>30 days)
- Business continuity during service outages
- PJ is the chief dreamer, and a real Ruby and Golang wizard.
- Tobias takes care of the Product design & Customer happiness.
- Diego is the back-end developer. Our Italian stallion is a senior ROR developer.
- Will is responsible for Sales, Marketing and Product Design.