TO DO 16 colored children’s illustrations of digital artwork based on existing ink scans.
Make sure you read all requirements before bidding! You will have to answer a question.
We have 13 scanned ink drawings (B&W) illustrating some Romanian folk child’s tale. We need you to take this artwork and prepare it (proper scaling, checking contours for uniformity, coloring) and/or transform it (bring your personal touch, while maintaining general composition) such the result is something full of good taste, colored, detailed as the inks. Besides the 13 illustrations you will transform, you will also have to create 3 *simple* illustrations of existing characters (can copy from the 13 pages) to be used as splash screen and backgrounds – all work being for one iPad application. The bid you make is for ALL 16 illustrations.
- Good English skills
- No simple flood fill
- We need something that is moderate, no extremes of any kind
- We need well chosen colors that inspire the current turn of events/the atmosphere. The general setting is autumn – use summer’s end/autumn inspiring colors
- Feel the current universe and produce work that fits well – for ex. extreme metal shading applied on some XV-th century oven won't fit
- The attached examples are executed in different art styles. We don’t necessary require you producing in one of the styles. It’s more for you to see our understanding of good taste, therefore acceptable work
- The work is for the kids but their parents decide if it’s nice or not/ if it’s appropriate or not; so not over-complex but not too naive
- Do not bid unless you are strongly confident you can produce the work at the expected levels. We need an experienced individual/business that will do the work directly
Contract, Copyright and Confidentiality:
Since the ink drawings have already been used in a print edition, we expect you to handle this project with maximum confidentiality. Both the art you’ll receive and the work you’ll produce will remain confidential. Before starting the work you will sign a standard NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with us. We will also sign a standard contract containing two major points: 1) you will transfer all copyright rights to us in exchange for the pay, 2) you will explicitly be restricted from publishing this work on your public portfolio, or other form of public display. After choosing the winning bid, we will provide you the NDA and Contract which you should fill and sign, then return both documents to us as scanned pdf-s. Then we can get to work
- This work has already been published as children’s coloring book
- What we’re providing is not made out of just simple lines. Each of the 13 ink drawings is a complex description of a full scene, sometimes lots of details, sometimes shading has been applied in the form of individual ink dots. See attachments
- If you perform really tasteful coloring, we might throw away contours, or will have to keep original contours on top
- We will assist you in understanding and correctly depicting certain parts of the drawings, think of fairy-tale characters, folklore dressing, medieval dwellings with their domestic appliances, craftsmen, local foods, etc
- The 3 extra illustrations will be used as splash screen, main application screen and the third as background image. The splash screen and main screen will contain certain characters extracted from the 13 illustrations. The background illustration will contain some repeated pattern
- For each, you will provide two resolution png-s (same ratio) along with your original file format
- We will attach three small parts of the ink drawings, containing more *complex areas* so you can evaluate existing work style and scan quality
- The winning bid will be established by analyzing portfolio and by you telling us which of the attached COOL examples is more comfortable to you
- The maximum budget will not be exceeded
20 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $293 untuk pekerjaan ini
Hello, I appreciate you inviting me to this project. As far as the images are concerned I don't have a problem creating the images as an example. I look forward to working together.
You can check my portfolio here [url removed, login to view] I'm very capacitaded in color manipulating, and I can adjust to your project. Contact me if yo're interested
Hello. I can do the illustrations you need. I have a long experience in character design, children's books, cartooning, comic and manga. Please see private message. Thank you.
Hi! I'm an art student, and I think my personal coloring style is something between the third and seventh cool examples. I'll send you a link to my portfolio where you can see my drawings. I hope you like them :)
I am interested in your projects. I have a great understanding in colors and drawing. I can bring great work and on time. My work speaks for itself. Thanks