Seeking a skilled graphic artist to perform a wide variety of design services for a small, dynamic company. Individual applicants only, no teams or agencies will be entertained.
Responsibilities would include:
- Designing flyers, brochures, leaflets and signs.
- Branding (ie. logo design/refinement, business cards, colour matching, typography).
- Mockups for website design (html experience is not a requirement but an asset).
- Managing digital images, print collateral and electronic artwork.
- Maintaining and selecting stock photography collections.
- Working with traditional materials (pencil/ink/charcoal) as well as photoshop, illustrator, scalable vector graphics and other popular formats.
We are looking for a well-rounded and talented creative person. Experienced professionals, recent graduates and talented students may all apply. Only submissions containing portfolio samples and links to work will be considered.
The applicant with the best work at the most reasonable rate will be selected. Please quote a daily rate in your letter of introduction.
The nature of the contract:
- We are looking for one full day (7 or 7.5 hours) availability per week.
- We are looking for exclusivity for that one day per week. We want all of your time during that day.
- Availability must be consistently for the same day every week.
- The graphic artist must be available as needed for IM/on-line meetings to provide project updates and receive directions/instructions.
- The artist will be asked to work on a wide variety of projects. We could conceivably be asking for contributions on anything and everything graphics-related.
The duration of the initial contract will be for one month and will be extended indefinitely for high quality work. We are ideally looking for a permanent creative addition to our team.
Please reply to this ad with a letter of introduction telling us why you feel you would be a good fit.