I own the site [url removed, login to view] and I need quite a bunch of splash images created. What is a splash image?
Visit the page: [url removed, login to view]
Notice the big image which LOOKS like a video player? That is a splash image.
The way I'm creating them is using a free photoshop-like software called [url removed, login to view] its free, open source, and really simple for non photoshop skilled people.
Basically all I do to create these images is play the trailer on youtube, pause the video, and skip around the looking for good scenes to use. I obviously don't want to use a scene where its all black, or its hard to see what is happening, also I don't want to use an scenes where its obvious that it's from the trailer. So I choose a scene where it can almost fool the visitor into thinking its a scene from the FULL movie.
Basically I have a lot of these images to create and I'm thinking about hiring a freelancer who can do this. I tend to spend too much time trying to find the PERFECT scene, that will make my visitors really want to see the movie, and I end up wasting time. So I will leave it up to you to create good splash images that will subconsiously make the visitor feel like he is just about to watch the full movie online.
1. Open a template file for photoshop or [url removed, login to view] (which ever you prefer).
2. Look at list for next movie from attached spreadsheet file. And copy the title.
3. Go to Youtube and paste the title, then type "trailer, hd" (Tron Legacy (2011) trailer, hd)
4. Find a good scene (shows main characters, or cool scenes), and press Print Screen. Then paste it into the image editing software.
5. Resize to fit with template file.
6. Render image no more than 105kb in size, name the file [MovieTitle][url removed, login to view] (so for the movie "Tron Legacy" it would be [url removed, login to view])
7. Repeat Steps 3-7.
I'll pay $[url removed, login to view] per image, so 5 images for every $1
I need about 150 images and the list is attached in a .xls file.