(to start, I'm listing this as a large project with a $3,000 to $5,000 budget range, but hope that everyone isn't automatically going to immediately bid at the $5,000 range, unless it's completely justifiable.)
I worked as a web designer for both Microsoft & did UI work for Boeing, but that was almost 10 years ago, so my basic HTML and the like aren't going to cut it any longer.
What I need is someone who can take page mock-ups that I will create and make them into workable, and easily editable pages, and expandability will be a must, as I'm working on projects that aren't ready at this stage, but will need to be incorporated as they come up .
My Photoshop files are always done well labeled and grouped into folders, so there won't be any nightmares of trying to figure out what is what, when it comes to my designs. I will also be needing some shell pages, that can be filled in easily at a later time.
Additionally, I had wanted some Flash content, but once again, I know that Flash is on it's last legs and is already an obsolete technology. In any event, I only needed animations within some of the pages in place of graphic imagery, so would like to have something like alternating graphics that I can frequently update personally without outside assistance.
The site I'm working on is for an investment marketing company.
Some reference sites that include pretty incorporate all the features I require are:
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL]
Key Features that I will require are:
1. potential clients to be able to register and login
2. be able to check the the weekly status of their accounts
3. the site needs to have a calendar showing past performance, which I can update.
4. Updating the entire site needs to be something I can do without the need for outside assistance
Two very important musts for me are that once the project is started:
* It is done within the confines of our agreed upon time schedule and budget.
* No, sloppy spaghetti code. Even though I can't program, I would like to be able to figure out what I'm looking at when referencing site pages or updating content, and not feeling like I'm browsing through a compiled Windows system dump file or code from the Matrix mainframe.
* This needs to be a secure website, so keep that in mind as well, which is another reason I don't even want to look at some kind of WordPress style site.
Finally, I will require a listing of sample work that you've done, with examples, and links if possible.
I'm still new to using the Freelancer site and am not sure how to go about communicating with potential designers, without having to "Award the Project" to them. And seeing as I need to ask questions and discuss the project first, I would prefer to speak with someone regarding the project prior to awarding it.
Thanks and I look forward to working with you.