Freelance Graphic Designer
This is an exciting opportunity to work with our newly established Product Development Team at Education Institute. Education Institute is dedicated to changing the lives of people and business. We are committed to delivering innovative and high quality training. Our Product Development Team is dedicated to developing high-end, innovative virtual learning environments and educational resources. You will work closely and collaborate with our internal stakeholders to produce graphic design in a multi-disciplinary environment, on a range of design projects, including book covers, infographics, icons, document templates initially and eventually tablet/mobile/web applications.
In this position you will be responsible for:
• directing and advising/leading on graphic design for the project e.g. helping to guide the process and work with our editor to assist with project managing the design
• designing the graphics within the project, including book covers, vector icons and InDesign document templates
• ensuring consistency of design across the project and the print and online spaces – using a blended model of photographs and graphic design
• possibly illustrating infographics and instructional objects for print and online environments
The candidate will demonstrate:
• proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• the ability to work to timelines and budgets and delivery work on time and to an agreed brief
• strong business acumen and experience, particularly a sound communication strategy and ability to explain design concepts in plain language
• ability to interpret a design brief from an editor and deal with clients with limited design knowledge
• strong print or book design background
• creative vision, diligence and good work ethic
• the ability to work with a team that values excellence, innovation, adaptability and compassion
• adaptability – able to work within an agile business environment
Demonstrated experience will include:
• experience in graphic design (essential)
• designing or illustrating infographics and other instructional items
• document template design
• designing for online environments
• working within a print or publishing environment
Please include a covering letter, outlining your experience and how you meet the criteria for the role, along with your hourly rate. Attach a portfolio of your work, or include a link.
We are looking for someone to work on an educational book project - designing covers, icons, insert pages and InDesign document templates. The first description is the full job spec, describing the person we need for this project. Preference will be given to those living in the Melbourne area.