I have a video I need making to explain what our new product does...
The website isn't finished yet - please view it here though: [login to view URL]
It will give you a little information about what we do.
Essentially we have developed an app which allows companies that ship items, sends items or moves items (such as a removals company) to "tag" their packages with a QR code so that their customers can scan the packages back off once they have received them.
The system works like this:
1) Companies subscribe to our system for £9.99/month or £14.99/month.
2) They log onto a portal on our website.
3) They fill out the customers details, their delivery address and name etc
4) They tell the system how many packages there are. There might be 4 or 50
5) They simply pop some labels in their printer and it will print how ever many QR codes there needs to be
6) The shipping company sticks a QR code onto each package and scans it in using their smart phone, entering the description of the item and any other information they want the customer to see such as weights, images, instruction manuals etc
7) Once the delivery truck has left and then arrived at the customers address, the customer can download the "Tagset" app and scan each item back off again. The idea being, the customer will quickly be able to tell if anything is missing, what each item is and, if there are damages - they too can take a photo and it will save it to the portal against the image the shipper has sent so they can be compared.
The benefits for both parties are:
1) The shipper/moving company will know when the customer has received the shipment as it marks as received once they have started scanning. It also marks the location so the shipper can see exactly where each parcel was scanned if the customer tries to complain something was missing.
2) The shipper/moving company can add extra information to help the customer. For example, if the shipping company is sending 234 packages which assemble to make 1 machine, as the customer is scanning each parcel the app can tell them which part is which. They can also add dimensions and weights which is very handy for exporting
3) Its cheaper than implementing a bar code system (all the supplier needs to do is pay £14.99/month. As long as they have a printer and a smart phone they can use our service) and allows the customer to also scan the packages off
4) The customer can log damages or missing items very quickly
5) The customer can check what items are coming to them before they have got to them
And many more.
Anyway - please go on our website to see a little bit more about what we are doing. Ignore some of the images and the video there at the moment as these are just placeholders; they are not relevant to our business. Just read some of the text on there and get a feel for our colours.
We have come up with a walk through of how we see it - see attached the pdf of this. Hopefully this will describe the scene. We have also drawn out a picture board with images but will send this across to you if it sounds like something you can do.
We will be getting our own voice over.