We wish to distribute a digital novel via a single page parallax website that would be 100% mobile device compatible. Please read the entire description before bidding. We will include a password in the description and if the password is not included in your bid, we will assume you do not understand the scope and will not consider your bid seriously. Any serious bid for any price will be considered (even above the set budget) for the right partner.
This is the user experience I want for a typical visitor to have. At the end, I will outline some specific design considerations, but generally speaking we do not care what method or language is used to achieve the desired result.
Visit [login to view URL] and you are presented with a full page image with the title of the book and a small menu of options at the top. As you scroll down, you are immediately reading the book and as "Chapter 1" scrolls into view, the background of the website changes to another full screen image illustration for the setting of Chapter 1. The font color adjusts to become legible on the background, and the user continues to scroll as they read the story. This should work well on mobile or desktop. The navigation menu should "sticky" to the top of the viewing window so it can be accessed at anytime.
Eventually you reach Chapter 2, at which point the parallax background shifts to a new image and new color scheme, and the user continues to read.
When you reach Chapter 3, a pop up prompt engages the user and requests for the user to consider donating to the author in order to continue reading. The user can donate any amount at all and continue the story but if they do not, they are prevented from further scrolling and reading. If they do donate, they can continue reading and they can also download the PDF ebook version.
Eventually the user finishes the book, and that's it. There will be a couple of standard HTML pages for About the Author and Donating to the author, but those are secondary in our concern to the functionality of the parallax scroll and the reading experience for the user. The password is Paranoid.
A couple of notes about our technical thoughts.
- A "Smart Bookmark" feature should be created that saves the user's current reading spot. Perhaps this will require a rudimentary login system - perhaps not. This is open for discussion. But ideally if I return to the webpage at a later time from my same device, I will automatically be returned to spot I last read.
- A quick chapter skip menu should allow users to hop to later chapters in the book if the previous bookmark feature fails. I.e. I open the menu and click "Chapter 5" and am immediately scrolled to the appropriate spot with the appropriate content loaded in.
- Secure code is paramount. Lazy, shortcut code will not be accepted.
- Bootstrap and jQuery are our preferred libraries, but we'll use whatever is recommended if the developer presents the ideal argument for other options.
- Not opposed to either developing this in a platform like Wordpress or straight HTML. Whatever the dev recommends.
Previous experience with fully paralax websites is highly preferred. Please provide several samples of paralax websites you have developed. Do not post modified themes, I want to see original work only. Code samples would be appreciated as well.