Platform for the preparation of competitive exams
The French selection system in the most selective schools is quite different than in other countries. Students compete between each other during competitive exams, then they are ranked. Each school decides to take a certain number of candidates for oral exams and finally, the students gains admissions in schools according to the number of points they perform.
France has a dual system: on the first side, we can find the so-called classes préparatoires. The most brilliant students choose this way and have a very intensive preparation during two years. But the schools recently decided to open a new process to recruit students which is specific competitive exams for those who decided to go to the university.
But this market has been taken by private organisms who enjoy practicing skyrocketing prices to prepare these exams. As we did with classes préparatoires, with our website Major-Prépa which is has recently become the leader on his sector, we want to break this market through a 100% free platform with high quality content.
We would like to create a platform accessible through the web and through mobile with a mobile-responsive website and an app (iOS & Android).
The agency or the freelancer in charge of the project must create both applications and the website. We will also work with a designer to do all the tasks needed.
The app will be in French.
The main sections:
• Resources (courses, including videos)
• Quizzes to check if the candidate managed to get the knowledge taught
• Rankings: between users
• Badges: a gallery of badges to see the progresses
• Competitions: a presentation of the different competitons
• Schools: a way to discover the schools through articles and videos
We need to make it with four different levels (in France, undergraduate programs, called Masters, last 5 years and are more complete than a classic Bachelor for instance):
- Post-bac (first year of undergraduate for college students)
- Classes préparatoires (third year of undergraduate for prépas students)
- AST 1 (third year of undergraduate for universities students)
- AST 2 (fourth year of undergraduate for universities students)
Do not hesitate to send your references concerning such platforms. What's more, an experience in education or in gaming (quizes) in a plus! :)