Want a graphic designer to layout / design our business card in a print ready format (e.g. JPEG, TIF or PDF).
* Is for a colour 2 sided business card.
* We will provide business logo/s and text such as name, address, phone numbers and so on.
Specs from business card company
All images must be of a suitable resolution for printing purposes. Images you see on your computer screen are 72dpi and are NOT a high enough quality for printing.
Line Art images. If there is text in your image then 600dpi.
Grey Scale images. (Black and White pictures) If you have text in your image it must be a minimum of 600dpi.
If it is just a photo, 300dpi.
Photographic Colour image If your image is just a colour picture then 300dpi is the optimum resolution. This means if you are using a computer screen image which is 72dpi, it is too low resolution to print with.
The finished trimmed size of your cards will be 89mm x 53mm. If you want your image to go to the edge of your card (bleed off the edge) you must overhang it by 1mm. So your image must include 1mm around any edge that will be cut off. A full size image would therefore be 91mm x 55mm.
Your image must be positioned Left -1mm and Top -1mm to bleed correctly on our site.
If you supply a PDF file, we insist on this full size and we will trim 1mm off all the way around.
Make sure your text or logo is 2-3mm away from the edge of your card. If you have it too close to the edge, IT MAY BE CUT OFF in the trimming process.
The maximum allowable file size is 2 megabytes. If you exceed this, your file is deleted and not accepted. Use compression on any images to achieve the best possible result.
1) The file has no OLE images.
2) The file size is 91mm x 55mm allowing for 1mm bleed.
3) Images and Colours are all CMYK and not RGB.
4) The resolution of images are at least 300dpi.
5) No ICC colour profiles.
6) Convert all text to curves, if not, make sure fonts are fully embedded with subsetting OFF.
7) Ensure that included images do NOT have alpha chanels.
8) Program specific:
All programs - Flatten transparency and remove layers.
InDesign (Use v2 and above only) MUST convert text to Outlines.
Illustrator below v9 cannot use gradient fills. They are not CMYK compatible. Use v10 and above.
Illustrator saving pdf from SaveAs - Acrobat 4, Preserve Illustrator Editing OFF, Embed All Fonts ON, Subset fonts OFF, Generate Thumbnails OFF.
9) Note: That the above 8 points ALSO apply to ANY embedded EPS files inside your PDF.
JPG and TIF Checklist
1) The resolution of the file is 300dpi (or 600dpi if it contains text).
2) The file is CMYK not RGB.
3) Do not include any alpha chanels or masks.
4) If the file is a TIF, save it using LZW compression.