Only providers who respond with relevant examples of their work (see below) will be shortlisted.
What is TravelKind?
For heroes of travel.
TravelKind is an online platform that caters to the sustainable, fair-trade travel market.
Offering three products: volunteering opportunities, travel and tours, and unique community-based experiences, TravelKind gives its customers the chance to explore the world in a positive, sustainable way.
We match-make customers who want more real, more transparent, more fairly traded and exploitation-free travel and volunteer options with great providers.
As a social impact business or social enterprise, we donate 50% of profits to support projects and campaigns that help create exploitation free tourism and help reduce poverty.
Develop, design and launch online platform website which is an online platform that promotes and takes bookings and payments for the following products (3 pillars):
Sustainable travel tours & accommodation
To use open source or high quality data programming so that the website can be easily developed in the future. Embed good SEO practice. To work in a collaborative way, making recommendations for systems, or api’s and plug-ins to create best possible UX experience, to ensure positive launch of website, and to integrate back office functions.
Clean and modern design and a positive, clear, secure UX experience.
Website Platform To Include:
1) Fully Responsive design - mobile and desktop friendly
2) Platform - CMS Enabling new providers/agents to upload new holiday and volunteer details etc with administrator sign off. Essential that easy to use interface and content management system to support this so that day-to-day maintenance can be handled by client
3) Integrated booking, payment and invoice system:
secure integrated payments gateway including deposit (down payments) and scheduled payments.
Confirmation of booking, to include automated email invoices to customer and clients (providers). To include terms and conditions, and itinerary details.
4) Customer database system - to enable database and newsletters etc to include data protection and privacy requirements .
5) Blog section, to include displaying latest posts/articles and links to social media accounts and platforms, RSS feed to enable valuable and original content to help website perform well.
6) use of good quality seo techniques, including fast page upload, compression files, conversational and standard tag-words, search engine friendly etc. Install analytics.
7) Launch website online so that fully operational: including registering with host, search engines, payment systems fully operational etc.
8) provide training and instructions for client (Travelkind) to enable day-to-day maintenance.
9) 2 months bug and broken link corrections, routine software updates and routine maintenance.
10) option of future ongoing maintenance arrangements and future development work.
Please respond with quote, timescale to complete project, and 3 examples of websites you have led on, e-commerce or platform, or CMS, or travel industry.
The attached document sets out more detail of requirements, and list of questions for shortlisted providers.